Part I Writing [范文]
Graduate School or Work
While increasingly large numbers of students choose to further their study in graduate school immediately after graduation, I plan to go to work after college. This does not mean I do not like learning or I do not want to learn. Rather, I choose to work first so that I can understand better my interests and strength before coming back to graduate school for a targeted learning.
Professional experience is an indispensable part in one's life in that it helps to bridge the gap between what one has been learning and what one plans to do. Although learning is an important preparation for one's success, one can achieve nothing unless what has been learned is put into practice. After all, the world outside universities is different from and more colorful than that inside schools. One may have plans that are mostly based on imagination rather than reality for most of students who have been learning for more than ten years. Thus, to know the world and one' s own interests and strength, work experience will be crucial. Moreover, work experience can be valuable asset to the graduate school when one decides to come back for further learning.
Besides, I believe learning should be goal-oriented. Thus, to pursue further study because of pressure of not being able to find a job and without understanding what one wants to do is not prudent. I plan to go on to graduate study as well, but only after I have several years of working experience.
Part II Reading Comprehension (Skimming and Scanning)
1. A 2. B 3. C 4. B 5. A 6. B 7. A
8. bad news 9. mastery 10.strengthens
Part IV Reading Comprehension (Reading in Depth)
47. C 48. H 49. F 50. G 51. A 52. K 53. I 54. B 55. J 56. E
57. D 58. B 59. C 60. C 61. D
62. B 63. A 64. B 65. C 66. B
67. B 68. C 69. D 70. B 71. C
72. A 73. D 74. A 75. D 76. B
77. A 78. D79. B 80. C 81. D
82. A 83. C 84. C 85. C 86. B
Part VI Translation
87. sucking milk through a straw
88. how relevant the material is for you
89. when she was laid off from her factory job
90. For the first and last time
91. rather than proclaims its own